Manufacturers in the pharmaceutical/life science and medical device industry are facing a growing number of regulatory and pricing pressures.
It is an industry further complicated by distribution, intellectual property, and environmental, and employment issues.
Our pharmaceutical / life science practice members represent a broad range of legal and business disciplines. We offer comprehensive services ranging from compliance, intellectual property, and distribution issues to environmental, employment, labor, immigration, and litigation matters.
On behalf of our pharmaceutical and life science and medical device companies, Montgomery McCracken’s recent significant engagements include the following:
- Represented pharmaceutical companies in criminal and civil investigations relating to False Claims Act claims, anti-kickback allegations, challenges to nominal pricing and “best price” issues, and AWP challenges.
- Represented a drug wholesaler in a national price-fixing case.
- Designed and helped implement compliance programs for a major pharmaceutical company to detect sales and distribution issues and problems before they result in regulatory violations or litigation.
- Advised a major drug wholesaler on anti-trust concerns, including price restrictions and price discrimination, related to the client’s distribution network and contracts.
- Represented a drug manufacturer in an antitrust case involving FDA approval of generic substitutes for a branded drug.
- Represented a manufacturer of products for drug delivery systems with respect to environmental and worker safety issues.
- Represented pharmaceutical and medical device companies in significant product liability cases.
- Structured consulting agreements between medical device and pharmaceutical companies and physicians and medical researchers.
- Assisted a major pharmaceutical company with all immigration issues related to the hiring and movement of its multi-national work force.
In addition to the above services, our attorneys provide legal guidance on general business counseling, administration of employee benefit programs, compensation packages, immigration issues, preventative practical advice on workplace problems, including arbitration and other alternative dispute programs and a variety of broader human resource matters.
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to represent a growing list of pharmaceutical / life science industry clients, including:
- Astra Zeneca
For more information on how Montgomery McCracken’s Pharmaceutical / Life Science practice can enhance your pharmaceutical and medical device business operation, please contact Richard L. Scheff at 215-772-7502 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Christopher Scott D’Angelo at 215-772-7397 or email@example.com for litigation matters. For Intellectual Property matters and transactions, please contact practice co-chairs Peter Breslauer at 215-772-7271 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Joseph T. Stapleton at 215-772-7226 or email@example.com.