Posted January 4, 2024
Location: Philadelphia (Hybrid)
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Clerk processes activities in the Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) function. Ensures timely payments of AP invoices, maintains accurate records, general ledger/matter coding to expense vouchers and accurate posting of AR receipts. Supervises the activities of subordinates and oversees most day-to-day operations of the group.
- Accurately review Accounts Payable invoices for payment, ensuring invoices are properly approved and coded.
- Accurately review expense reimbursements for payment, ensuring they are properly approved and coded before repayment to personnel monthly.
- Handle vendor calls/inquires and resolve any disputes with vendors.
- Research and follow-up on vendor statements and verify payments are in transit.
- Verify escrow balances and proper approvals for escrow distribution.
- Properly record daily incoming wires, ach and checks from clients paying accounts receivable invoices or retainers for escrow balances.
- Reconcile and process of credit card activity on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting polices and procedures as well as administering existing policies and procedures.
- Respond to inquires from management and outside agencies regarding accounting policies and procedures.
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws and reporting requirements.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required by position.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor or higher degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong knowledge of accounting practices.
- 4+ years accounts payable; experience in the law firm industry is preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and meet assigned deadlines.
- Self-motivated, customer service-focused, detailed-oriented and flexible.
- Strong communicator and ability to work with others.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Proficient in 3E and Chrome River is preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Accounting or Finance.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND SAFETY HAZARDS
- Occasional exposure to high pressure situations; will be faced with the need to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously, while maintaining a very high level of professional calm and demeanor.
- Some overtime work required throughout the year.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or agencies please.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.