Posted June 16, 2022
Location: New York
Montgomery McCracken has an exciting opportunity for a legal secretary to join our firm’s New York office. The selected individual will provide direct secretarial support to attorneys and have demonstrated technical and administrative skills.
- Organizes, prepares and maintains client and office files both in electronic and paper filing systems.
- Communicates telephonically, by email and other correspondence with clients and other external constituencies as well as others who work within the Firm.
- Creates and transcribes legal documents, correspondence, contracts or briefs.
- Proofreads and edits prepared documents for accuracy.
- Prepares expense reports and check requests.
- Performs new client file opening and conflict checks by request.
- Enters time for attorneys through 3E billing system.
- Understands and prepares court filings for various federal and state courts as warranted by the secretarial assignment.
- Prints from various client related websites per client/attorney request.
- Organizes travel.
- Assists with mailroom, fax/copy functions as needed.
- Takes part in training sessions as offered by the Firm and seeks education as needed in order to perform required tasks.
- Maintains open communication with Administrative Manager regarding assignments, workflow and attendance.
- Calendars critical deadlines in order to maintain and manage the deadlines.
- Works with client electronic billing systems and monitor billing processes.
- Coordinates, schedules and dockets/calendars meetings, conference calls and client tasks.
- Provides other secretarial support to attorneys in the New York Office.
Required Experience, Licenses, Certifications, Abilities, or Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in a Legal Secretary capacity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word and Outlook, as well as experience in working with styles. Keyboarding speed at least 60 words per minute.
- Proficient in e-filing in State and Federal Courts
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure.
- Understanding of legal terminology.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to deal discreetly with confidential information.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent.
Working Conditions and Safety Hazards:
- Occasional overtime work may be required throughout the year.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.