Posted January 25, 2023
This position is in our Philadelphia office, and currently has a hybrid schedule, but that is subject to change.
Estimated Salary Range: $75,000 – $90,000
The Research Analyst is responsible for providing high level research expertise to support attorneys, legal staff, and administrative departments firm wide. Performs searches and analysis of legal, corporate, and general resources and communicates findings in a clear and concise manner. Helps plan and implement department outreach, training, and orientation programs.
- Provides high quality substantive research and reference assistance to attorneys and staff using a wide range of resources and research tools.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the scope, accuracy, and cost-effectiveness of the firm’s various research resources and selects the most relevant tools for any given request.
- Presents and packages research findings clearly and concisely.
- Employs critical and creative thinking when defining research problems, approaches, and resolutions.
- Coordinates current awareness, court docket tracking, and other alert services.
- Develops and delivers presentations to attorney practice groups and staff on research tools, strategies, and current developments.
- Assists in providing competitive and business intelligence.
- Participates in trials, demos, purchasing decisions, and testing new applications.
- Assists with maintaining the Research Portal, password management, and testing upgrades of research related systems.
- Works collaboratively with all practice groups and departments.
- Keeps up with new developments, technologies, innovations, and products in the fields of legal and business research.
- Manages additional research and organizational functions as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Preferred, not required – Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or J.D.
- Minimum of three years of research experience in the legal industry.
- Must be proficient in Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, and other specialized legal and business research platforms.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Strong organization skills and high attention to detail.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong customer service focus and high client care standards.
- Ability to learn and embrace new skills and best practices as the position evolves and Firm needs change.
Interested candidates will submit a resume to Human Resources at email@example.com. No calls or agencies please.