Montgomery McCracken has a distinguished history of providing quality legal service to clients in all areas of intellectual property law.
We have helped clients purchase and sell technology, acquire technology businesses, establish technology joint ventures, develop grant proposals, and prepare licensing agreements. We understand that the protection of a client’s intangible property rights is every bit as important as the protection of a client’s real estate and other tangible property.
We counsel clients regarding:
- trademarks, trade names, trade dress, service names, service marks
- trade secrets
- information technology transactions
- dispute resolution
- software development
- cooperative research and development agreements for alliances
- technology joint venture projects
The lawyers at Montgomery McCracken guide clients through the difficult task of selecting the right protections for their products or business methods. Determining whether a particular technology is best protected by copyrights, trademarks, a comprehensive scheme of trade secrets and confidentiality restrictions, or a combination of measures, requires a depth of legal knowledge and significant experience.
We have extensive experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in intellectual property disputes of all types – in court, in arbitration, in mediation and in negotiations.
Representative engagements include:
- national and international companies in technology transfers and joint ventures for the development and licensing of intellectual property and funded research projects;
- a major software corporation in a federal action brought against it by AT&T in New Jersey federal court involving AT&T’s rights as licensee to have access to future versions of one of its products;
- national companies in federal actions involving trade dress infringement as well as cases relating to trademark infringement and trademark dilution disputes;
- the prosecution and defense of cases involving misappropriation of trade secrets, including matters arising under the new Federal criminal law directed at trade secret theft;
- representation of parties in litigation involving the issue of coverage for patent infringement under standard CGL insurance policies;
- representation of trademark holders in domain name dispute actions under both the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy of ICANN, as well as the federal Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act;
- representation of parties in adversarial proceedings before the Patent and Trademark Office;
- advising clients concerning agreements to license patents, trademarks, service marks and copyrighted subject matter; and
- arbitration and mediation in disputes involving intellectual property
The Intellectual Property attorneys at Montgomery McCracken are leaders in applying technical experience, a broad-based knowledge of the law and a keen understanding of business management to the challenges of our clients.