The Commercial Litigation Practice at Montgomery McCracken has a long and illustrious history. We handle a wide range of individual and corporate disputes involving virtually every area of personal and business endeavor on the local, regional and national levels.
We represent our clients and provide consultative services in several areas of practice including:
- Intellectual property
- Computer and internet technology
- Professional liability
- Pharmaceutical products
- Environmental and construction litigation
- Complex business matters
- Securities and antitrust
- Products liability
- Libel, First Amendment, and New Media
We handle litigation of matters ranging from traditional contract and business disputes to contemporary issues such as e-commerce, technology, and intellectual property law. We have developed considerable experience in managing complex multi-party, multi-jurisdictional defense efforts, often in national leadership roles. By adopting a team approach, we work closely with companies and their counsel to strike the right balance between the needs of our clients and cost-effectively handling their important matters.
Recent representative engagements include:
- successfully defended a subsidiary of large financial institution in federal court jury trial regarding a Lanham Act claim for unfair competition. Our client was accused of making false and misleading statements about the products and services provided by a competitor. The plaintiff sought damages in excess of $12 million. After a two-week trial, the jury returned a defense verdict completely exonerating our client of any wrongdoing.
- successfully extricated an officer and EU-based employee of a global chemical company from a large multi-district antitrust litigation alleging an international price-fixing conspiracy in the sale of certain chemicals. Our client was dismissed from the case with prejudice before trial.
Representative clients include:
- Microsoft Corporation
- Clear Channel Communications, Inc.
- Allegiance Healthcare Corporation
- Journal Register Co.
- Air Products and Chemicals
- CMP Media, Inc.
- Accenture LLP
- Calkins Newspapers Incorporated
- Schering-Plough Corporation
- The Celotex Corporation
- Dun & Bradstreet
- Reebok International Ltd.
- American Home Assurance Co.
- ADT Security Systems, Inc.
The tradition of excellence established over the past 100 years continues today as we strive to provide comprehensive, quality service to all our clients.
Please contact Louis R. Moffa, Jr., Chair, Commercial Litigation practice, at 856-488-7740 or by email at email@example.com.