Lauren Sheller is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department, where she focuses her practice on complex litigation in state and federal courts. Lauren has extensive experience representing clients in class actions, multijurisdictional products liability matters, mass torts, whistleblower/qui tam litigation, insurance coverage disputes, consumer protection matters, and contract and commercial disputes. Her background also includes experience handling antitrust, constitutional, and appellate law matters.
Lauren has a distinguished record of prevailing in cases involving some of the nation’s largest Fortune 100 companies. She has been at the forefront of national lawsuits involving pharmaceutical whistleblowers and mass torts, forging a record of victories. In 2019, Lauren was instrumental in a case that produced an $8 billion verdict, believed to be the largest in Pennsylvania and among the largest single-plaintiff verdicts in the nation at that time.
Known for her creativity, thoughtfulness, and passion, Lauren breathes life into difficult cases. She has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of high-stakes, complex litigation, and has worked within the court system on behalf of two federal judges. Lauren utilizes her experience working within courts and on opposite sides of the courthouse to devise results-driven legal strategies.
Lauren received her J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, where she served as an editor for the Journal of International Law. Prior to law school, Lauren attended the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD). She now channels her creative thinking into resolving complex legal issues, and outside the practice of law, she enjoys creating art and is a great resource for fashion advice.
Consumer Financial Services
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in a drug products liability action, paving the way for a $70M verdict.
- Represented a plaintiff in a tort lawsuit, that resulted a $1.75M compensatory and $8B punitive damages verdict.
- Assisted in representing the City of Philadelphia in a lawsuit against several opioid drug manufacturers.
- Represented a relator in a qui tam action in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California against a private equity firm and pharmacy which resulted in a $9M settlement.
- Represented a class action representative in a case against the City of Bridgeton, New Jersey alleging civil rights violations which successfully resulted in a class-wide settlement.
- Board Member, Sheller Family Foundation
- Commissioner, Mayor’s Commission for People with Disabilities for Philadelphia, 2016-2017
- University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School
- Rhode Island School of Design