The attorneys in Montgomery McCracken’s Intellectual Property Department provide legal services in various aspects of intellectual property law. We are dedicated to assisting our clients in protecting, managing, and leveraging their valuable intellectual assets in an ever-evolving global marketplace.
We partner with clients ranging in size from large corporations to startups. We offer intellectual property services – both transactional and litigation – involving trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, licensing and counseling. Our attorneys have represented clients across the world and have cultivated long-standing relationships with international companies, services providers, and law firms.
- Intellectual Property Litigation: Our litigators have a strong track record in intellectual property disputes, representing clients in trial and appellate courts, and in administrative proceedings before the United States PTO. We handle trademark, copyright, patent, and trade secret litigation, providing aggressive advocacy and effective strategies to protect our clients’ rights and achieve favorable outcomes.
- Trademarks: Our practice group offers strategic counsel on trademark registration, enforcement, and protection. We assist clients in conducting comprehensive trademark searches, preparing and filing applications, managing trademark portfolios, and handling disputes to ensure their brands are recognized and shielded from infringement.
- Copyrights: We provide comprehensive copyright services, including registration, licensing, enforcement, and defense. Our team advises clients on copyright ownership, fair use, digital rights management, and copyright infringement matters, ensuring that their creative works and expressions are fully protected under the law.
- Trade Secrets: Our attorneys are well-versed in trade secret law, helping clients establish robust trade secret protection programs. We assist in drafting confidentiality agreements, advising on trade secret policies, and handling litigation related to misappropriation. Our focus is on safeguarding proprietary information and trade secrets critical to our clients’ success.
- Licensing and Technology Transfer: We offer strategic guidance in negotiating and drafting intellectual property licenses, technology transfers and assignments, and other commercial transactions involving intellectual property rights. Our team ensures that our clients’ interests are protected while maximizing the value of their intellectual assets.
- Intellectual Property Due Diligence: In mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate transactions, we are regularly involved in the drafting and negotiating of representations, warranties and covenants relating to a company’s intellectual property portfolio and in reviewing the due diligence data room disclosures associated with that intellectual property. We advise on the development of the related disclosure schedules and perfection certificates. We advise on the registration and maintenance of trademarks and service marks, obtain and analyze knock out searches, and respond to USPTO office actions. Our team identifies potential issues, advises on intellectual property protection, and assists in negotiating related terms and conditions of use or transfer.
At Montgomery McCracken, we pride ourselves on our deep understanding of intellectual property law and our ability to provide strategic solutions tailored to our clients’ specific needs. Our commitment to excellence, combined with our industry knowledge, positions us as trusted advisors in the complex world of intellectual property.
Art, Law, and Commerce in the Metaverse: On Three New Stories of NFTs
IN FEBRUARY, a Manhattan jury found that the First Amendment did not shield artist Mason Rothschild from liability for infringing Hermès’s trademark with his “MetaBirkin” NFTs. It was a disappointing […]
Paramount Sues Company Behind McDowell’s Pop-Up Citing ‘Coming to America’ Infringement
A pop-up restaurant that paid homage to the 1980s classic comedy “Coming to America” now faces a lawsuit from Paramount Pictures over copyright infringement. JMC Pop Ups LLC created a […]
Who Will Own the Art of the Future?
WHEN OPENAI ANNOUNCED last week that its art-making AI system DALL-E is now available in beta, the company also gave users lucky enough to get off the waiting list what […]
Generative Art Is Challenging What It Means to Be Human
WHEN CAMILLE ROUX sets out to make a work of art, he often turns to the internet for advice. “What’s your favorite?” he recently tweeted, sharing four computer-generated variations on an abstract […]