- This event has passed.
18th Annual Drug and Medical Device Litigation Forum
December 10, 2013 - December 11, 2013
The American Conference Institute presents the “Drug and Medical Device Litigation” forum that will provide insight on how to:
- Utilize an innovator liability theory when arguing for generic preemption
- Successfully remove a putative class case from state to federal court
- Develop effective strategies for managing unexpected product safety risks and issues arising from efforts to obtain discovery crossing international boundaries
- Cultivate a media relations strategy to face an adverse event or government investigation head on
- Use complex scientific evidence to persuade the jury that use of the product did not cause the plaintiff’s injury
- Communicate new information promptly to health care practitioners via “Dear Doctor” letters
- Establish in cross-examination that product risks were contained on the label and were not withheld by the company
Partner Christopher D’Angelo will serve as a panelist for “Coordinating Litigation Efforts Across Borders: Analyzing Product Liability Trends Outside the U.S. and the Impact on U.S.-Based Litigation” on day two of the conference.
December 10, 2013 at 7:00 AM – December 11, 2013 at 3:15 PM