- This event has passed.
Class Actions and Other Aggregate Litigation
May 13, 2013 - May 14, 2013
Montgomery McCracken partner Charles B. Casper will serve as a speaker for the Law Seminars International’s 9th Annual Comprehensive Conference on Class Actions and Other Aggregate Litigitation. The two-day seminar will address important legal developments in class action law, with presentations demonstrating that class actions are far from extinct.
Mr. Casper’s session titled “National Class Action Trends” will review Federal Circuit Class Certification Rulings: Strategies and Arguments for winning or defeating class certifications.
- Class action landscape changes after Dukes v. Wal-Mart
- Recent decisions effects on drafting and enforceability of arbitration agreements
- California Section 17200 update
- Trends in securities and financial industry class actions
- Internet privacy class actions
- Preparing to file class actions
- Best current strategies and arguments for winning or defeating class certifications
- Post-certification motion issues in class actions
- Dealing with parallel government investigations
- Developing trial strategies and approaches
- A case study of Washington state consumer protection class action
- What defendant’s need to know about new media
- Ethical issues
Click here for detailed agenda and registration instructions.
May 13, 2013 at 8:00 AM – May 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Washington State Convention Center