- This event has passed.
New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education: Best Practices for the Recovery and Defense of Attorney Fee Claims in State and Federal Court
August 30, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Montgomery McCracken attorney Joel Schneider, USMJ (ret.) will be a speaker during New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (“NJICLE”)’s webcast titled, “Best Practices for the Recovery and Defense of Attorney Fee Claims in State and Federal Court”. Joel will share his knowledge and experiences in applying for and receiving an award of counsel fees.
The program will address:
- Statutory provisions, case law, and billing practices necessary to recover attorney’s fees
- Fee issues in personal injury and employment cases
- Fee issues in class action and mass tort cases
- The ABC’s of lodestar calculations
- Making your attorney fee applications bulletproof
- Effective challenges/defenses to fee applications
- Necessary procedural requirements for the recovery of fees
- Multiplier and enhancement practice pointers
- Importatnt differences between state and federal law and practice
- Recent case law developments impacting the recovery of fees
The event will be held virtually on Wednesday, September 29, 2021 from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m (EST). The webcast is eligible for 3.3 credits (NJ) and 3.0 professional practice credits (NY). 2.5 substantive credits are pending for PA.