- This event has passed.
Protecting Your Charity in Charitable Giving
March 11, 2015
Don Kramer serves as course planner and Karl Emerson as faculty for Protecting Your Charity in Charitable Giving, part of PBI Nonprofit Series.
The program includes:
- Examining the fundamentals of charitable giving
- Learning special rules for “quid pro quo” gifts, autos, copyrights, inventories, and other “stuff”
- Spelling out IRS requirements for acknowledgment and substantiation
- Reviewing what your organization’s charitable solicitation registration requirements entail
- Learning how to report special events income and lotteries on the Form 990
- Discussing how well-drafted gift acceptance policies will help your charity make better gift acceptance decisions
- When should your charity say “No” to a gift?
- Does your charity know how to substantiate the value of gifts purchased at charity auctions?
- What types of organizations are exempt from Pennsylvania’s registration requirements under its charitable solicitation registration law?
- Who has standing to enforce restrictions on gifts?
Visit legalspan.com for more information.
March 11, 2015 at 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
CLE Credits : 4