Montgomery McCracken’s Commercial Litigation Practice has a long and illustrious history. We handle a wide range of individual and corporate disputes involving virtually every area of personal and business endeavors on the local, regional, and national levels.
We handle litigation of matters ranging from traditional contract and business disputes to contemporary issues such as e-commerce, technology, and intellectual property law. We have developed considerable experience in managing complex multi-party, multi-jurisdictional defense efforts, often in national leadership roles. By adopting a team approach, we work closely with companies and their counsel to strike the right balance between the needs of our clients and cost-effectively handling their important matters.
The tradition of excellence established over the past 100 years continues today as we strive to provide comprehensive, quality service to all our clients.
We represent our clients and provide consultative services in several areas of practice including:
- Intellectual property
- Computer and internet technology
- Professional liability
- Pharmaceutical products
- Environmental and construction litigation
- Complex business matters
- Securities and antitrust
- Products liability
- Libel, First Amendment, and new media
- Obtained complete defense verdict in defamation and false light action in favor of Transport Workers Union Local 234’s former president, its key officers, and members of its Executive Board brought by an unsuccessful candidate for the union’s presidency. The plaintiff sought punitive damages and approximately $675,000 in compensatory damages. After a six-day jury trial in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, the jury returned a verdict for our clients on all counts.
- Successfully defended a subsidiary of a large financial institution in federal court jury trial regarding a Lanham Act claim for unfair competition. Our client was accused of making false and misleading statements about the products and services provided by a competitor. The plaintiff sought damages in excess of $12 million. After a two-week trial, the jury returned a defense verdict completely exonerating our client of any wrongdoing.
- Successfully extricated an officer and EU-based employee of a global chemical company from a large multi-district antitrust litigation alleging an international price-fixing conspiracy in the sale of certain chemicals. Our client was dismissed from the case with prejudice before trial.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Clear Channel Communications, Inc.
- Allegiance Healthcare Corporation
- Journal Register Co.
- Air Products and Chemicals
- CMP Media, Inc.
- Accenture LLP
- Calkins Newspapers Incorporated
- Schering-Plough Corporation
- The Celotex Corporation
- Dun & Bradstreet
- Reebok International Ltd.
- American Home Assurance Co.
- ADT Security Systems, Inc.
Commercial Litigation Leadership
Four Montgomery McCracken Attorneys Selected to the 2022 New York Metro Super Lawyers List
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that four of the Firm’s attorneys have been selected to the 2022 New York Metro Super Lawyers list in their respective practice areas. Christopher […]
Associate Leah Tedford Joins Montgomery McCracken in Philadelphia Office
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce the addition of Leah Tedford to the firm’s Philadelphia office. To read the full article, click here.
Montgomery McCracken Adds Associate Leah Tedford in Philadelphia Office
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce the addition of Leah Tedford to the firm’s Philadelphia office. Leah has joined the Litigation Department as an associate. Tedford focuses her practice on commercial litigation, including consumer […]
15 Montgomery McCracken Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2023
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that 15 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© in their respective practice areas. Since […]