Alexandra S. Jacobs
Alexandra S. Jacobs is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation Department and serves as the Firm’s Deputy Hiring Partner. She focuses her practice on contracts, commercial real estate, cannabis law, personal injury, municipal law, and products liability. Alex practices in both federal and state court at the trial and appellate levels. She has substantial experience in trial work and arbitration. Alex also serves as New Jersey litigation counsel for several leading national law firms across the United States.
Alex is the co-chair of the Cannabis Practice Group and a member of the Firm’s Crypto Practice Group and the Maritime and Transportation Industry Group.
She is a member of the Lawyers Advisory Committee of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Prior to joining Montgomery McCracken, Alex served as a federal law clerk for the Honorable Noel L. Hillman and as a magistrate law clerk for the Honorable Joel Schneider of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. Additionally, Alex served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Robert B. Kugler of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Alex received a J.D. degree, magna cum laude, from Rutgers University School of Law – Camden in 2014. She was the Editor-in-Chief of the Rutgers Law Journal (law review) and a member of the Children’s Justice Clinic and the Pro Bono Mediation Project. She also received the Class of 1992 graduation award for leadership. Alex earned a B.A. degree, cum laude, from American University, School of Public Affairs, where she majored in Communications, Law, Economics, and Government. She received certificates in Women in Politics and Lobbying Advocacy.
Maritime and Transportation
- Presenter, “Amendments to State Civil Rules You Need to Know,” National Business Institute CLE, December 12, 2019
- Presenter, “The New Federal Rules of Civil Procedure,” National Business Institute CLE, December 12, 2019
- Moderator, “Understanding Benefits, Job Offers, and Salary Negotiation,” Jersey Shore Women in Tech, April 16, 2019, Asbury Park, N.J.
- Speaker, “Rutgers Cannabis Law Association Panel,” Rutgers Law Cannabis Group, September 18, 2019, Camden, N.J.
- Quoted in, “Montgomery McCracken Elects 3 New Partners In Pa., NJ,” Law360, March 2022
- Mentioned in, “Montgomery McCracken Elects Three New Partners,” March 2022
- Mentioned in, “NEW PARTNERS YEARBOOK 2022,” New Jersey Law Journal, February 2022
- Mentioned in, “Six named to prestigious lawyers advisory committee of U.S. District Court for N.J.,” ROI-NJ, February 2021
- Co-author, “New Jersey Legalizes Adult-Use Cannabis Market,” February 2021
- Co-author, “New Jersey Appellate Division Largely Sides with Department of Health’s Rejection of Certain Applications for Medical Marijuana Licenses,” February 2021
- Author, “Getting Smart about Smart Contracts,” November 2021
- Author, “NJ Marijuana Legalization Ballot Question FAQ,” October 12, 2020
- Noted in, “Lawsuit over rare “Magic: The Gathering” cards heading to trial after $177K deal blown up,” Pennsylvania Record, June 17, 2020
- Author, “Major Cannabis Updates: MORE Act and 2020 New Jersey Ballot Question,” November 21, 2019
- Co-author, “NJ Governor Expected to Sign Medical Marijuana Expansion into Law July 2,” June 2019
- Co-author, “NJ Department of Health Issues Request for Applications for New Alternative Treatment Centers to Expand Access to Medical Marijuana,” June 2019
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for 2021-2022. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters and a description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey Lawyers Advisory Committee
- Kids Alley
- Board of Directors
- Rutgers University School of Law–Camden
- American University
Paul H. Zoubek and Alexandra S. Jacobs Selected to the 2022 New Jersey Super Lawyers List
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that Paul H. Zoubek and Alexandra S. Jacobs have been selected to the 2022 New Jersey Super Lawyers list in their respective practice areas. […]
Montgomery McCracken Elects 3 New Partners In Pa., NJ
Three litigation attorneys in Montgomery McCracken Walker & Rhoads LLP’s Philadelphia and New Jersey offices have been elected to partner at the firm. Jacob A. Sand, Alexandra S. Jacobs and Dylan F. […]
Montgomery McCracken Elects Three New Partners
PHILADELPHIA, PA – Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that Dylan F. Henry, Alexandra S. Jacobs, and Jacob A. Sand have been elected to the firm’s partnership. Henry and Sand, […]
New Partners Yearbook 2022
Welcome to our annual New Partners Yearbook. This magazine is devoted to partners, including lateral partners, made or hired at New Jersey firms from February 2021 through January 2022. This 2022 yearbook […]