Michael J. Duffy
Michael J. Duffy is an associate in Montgomery McCracken’s Business Department. He focuses his practice on general corporate matters, with a concentration on government contracting, intellectual property, finance, consulting, employment, real estate, and corporate governance. Michael has extensive experience with a wide variety of business transactions, from initial contact with transaction targets and indications of interest, through to closing and post-transactional events.
Michael has represented businesses in a broad range of industries including pharmaceutical distribution and research, technology, construction, and real estate, in matters of negotiating and drafting organizational documents, distribution agreements, independent contractor agreements, construction agreements and purchase agreements, as well as trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, international trademark registrations through WIPO and other intellectual property-related matters.
Prior to joining Montgomery McCracken, Michael was a senior associate at a regional law firm, a former business owner and the Corporate Training Program Director of UNESCO Vietnam, gaining international business and legal experience while developing the country’s connections to the transnational corporate community.
Michael graduated undergrad from Rutgers College. He earned his law degree from Rutgers School of Law. During law school, Michael competed in the Annual ICC International Mediation Competition in Paris, France, placing in the top 30 competitors. Additionally, he served as student assistant for the New York State Bar Association Taskforce on New York Law in International Matters.
Labor and Employment
Corporate and Securities
- Represented national pharmaceutical distribution company in negotiating and drafting agreements with pharmacy benefits managers on behalf of thousands of member pharmacies in a pharmacy services administrative organization.
- Represented pharmaceutical research consultancies in negotiating and preparing agreements with US and PRC pharmaceutical research companies.
- Represented fintech educational startup in negotiating and drafting service agreements with schools across the region.
- Represents numerous small businesses around the region in organizational and transactional corporate matters.
- Successfully represented appellant commercial property owner before Pennsylvania Superior Court En Banc on a matter of first impression, obtaining favorable precedential decision.
- Conducted workshops on international business law for the Rutgers School of Business and the NJIT Enterprise Development Center
- Provided presentations to Penn Medicine researchers on the Legalities and Realities of Independent Consultancy
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020 – 2021
No aspect of these advertisements has been approved by the highest court of any state.
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Rutgers University School of Law–Camden
- Rutgers University
Legislation Enacted: Critical Amendment to DGCL §102(b)(7) Expanding Exculpation to Delaware Corporate Officers
In April this year, we reported on an important proposed amendment to Section 102(b)(7) of the Delaware General Corporation Law (extending director exculpation to officers as well). We noted that […]
Take Note: Potentially Critical Amendment to DGCL §102(b)(7) Expanding Exculpation to Corporate Officers Under Consideration in Delaware
An important amendment to Section 102(b)(7) of the Delaware General Corporation Law currently is under consideration. All who are in any way connected to the governance of a Delaware corporation […]
Montgomery McCracken Adds Associate Michael J. Duffy in Philadelphia Office
PHILADELPHIA, PA – Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce the addition of Michael J. Duffy to the firm’s Philadelphia office. Michael has joined the Business Department as an associate. Duffy […]