The Real Estate Practice has been an integral part of Montgomery McCracken’s activities for over 85 years. Our attorneys bring to our clients a wealth of experience and depth in all aspects of the real estate industry.
- Commercial, retail, multi-family and industrial site acquisitions, financings and dispositions
- Acquisitions and leasing for owners and purchasers of shopping centers, apartments, office buildings, and other commercial and industrial properties
- Structure and formation of corporate entities, including partnerships, trusts, limited liability companies and other forms of real estate joint ventures
- Structure and documentation of mortgage, mezzanine and other forms of debt financing, equity financing, and municipal and tax-exempt financing
- Formation, governance, management and operation of condominiums, cooperatives and planned unit developments
- Development matters including zoning, subdivision and brownfields remediations
- Financing for merger and acquisition transactions involving real estate
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial and construction loan documentation on behalf of banks and other lending institutions
- Negotiation of leases for retail, commercial and industrial tenants, including non-profit and educational institutions
- Loan modifications, restructurings and workouts for lenders and borrowers involving commercial, industrial and retail properties
- Over 1 billion dollars in residential acquisitions and sales
At Montgomery, McCracken we routinely call on other areas of the firm including our colleagues in energy and environmental, business, bankruptcy and financial restructuring, labor and employment, and tax law. Through this collaboration we are able to advise developers, lenders, and investors regarding the complicated and wide-ranging concerns that may affect their acquisition, development, lending, or compliance efforts for a particular project. Additionally, we work with our litigation colleagues to assist clients in resolving property and lease disputes and defaults, and in reorganizations, and other creditors’ rights and bankruptcy issues involving real estate. Moreover, working with a network of lawyers from other regional firms across the country, we routinely handle complex transactions involving real property in multiple states.
Our attorneys understand the complex nature of today’s real estate transactions. We strive to be knowledgeable about the current state law, attuned to the prevailing business climate facing our clients, connected with our local real estate communities and available at all times to give our clients the prompt and thorough service that is a hallmark at Montgomery McCracken.
- Representation of a Philadelphia-based real estate owner and developer in its acquisition and financing of over one hundred multi-family and commercial projects in several states.
- Representation of a Philadelphia-based developer in connection with its acquisition and financing of approximately 200 acres of land for the development of a corporate center of 17 office buildings.
- Representation of a Canadian based international company in the acquisition and leasing of numerous commercial buildings throughout the United States and in Canada.
- Representation of an international retail chain located in Canada in their acquisitions, dispositions and leasing of real property.
- Representation of a London based law firm and their clients in structuring a complicated bank financing.
- Representation of a local investment partnership in the acquisition, development, financing, leasing and management of a suburban Philadelphia medical office building and the subsequent sale of the building to a national real estate investment trust.
- Representation of a real estate investment trust in connection with the Pennsylvania law aspects of the acquisition of a portfolio of commercial and industrial real estate valued at over $500,000,000, including the negotiation of conveyance and loan documentation and the issuance of local counsel opinion letters.
- Representation of a purchaser of one of the most expensive townhouses in Brooklyn, New York.
- Representation of a national banking association in connection with the lease of over two dozen branches in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Effectuating a plan of dispositions and consolidations of real estate for a large industrial company headquartered in Philadelphia in a manner designed to reduce costs and enhance efficiency through creation of a condominium regime and ground lease of unproductive real estate.
- Representation of a real estate investment trust in the negotiation and structure of its acquisition of a Pennsylvania medical office complex in a manner designed to minimize tax liability.
- Industrial revenue bond financing in connection with, the acquisition and construction of a manufacturing and distribution facility; and refurbishment of university housing and related facilities.
- A major private university, and other colleges and universities
- One of the largest owners of multi-family housing units in Philadelphia
- An international retain chain located in Canada
- A global manufacturing company
- Regional real estate developers
- National banks and other major lending institutions
- A major Philadelphia hospital