Attorneys in our Insurance Recovery Practice understand the stress and uncertainty that comes with losses experienced during interruptions to everyday business operations. COVID-19 and the current shutdown present a dramatic challenge for which impacted businesses need relief. If you have insurance coverage for those losses, our team will help you get it.
With the widespread disruption to business operations caused by COVID-19 and/or the related shutdown, businesses of all types and sizes have experienced massive losses. While they may not be aware of it, impacted businesses may have a vital source of recovery for their losses through their business interruption and other insurance coverages. Our Insurance Recovery Practice is here to help.
Our team has deep experience analyzing insurance coverage issues and brings a sophisticated understanding of these policies, the coverages they provide and strategies to maximize their response to protect the insured businesses in this time of crisis, even in the face of coverage exclusions that may on their face seem insurmountable. Our team stands ready to work with our clients to ensure their coverage needs are met during these unprecedented and uncertain times.
We counsel clients regarding:
- Obtaining business interruption coverage during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicability of contingent business interruption, civil authority, ingress/egress, and other coverages during the pandemic government mandated shutdown.
- Business interruption coverage analysis due to occurrences other than COVID-19 and the current shutdown.
- Securing coverage for insured losses in a range of contexts unrelated to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Quantifying and proving the scope of insured losses.
- Successfully represented a $600 million logistics company in a coverage dispute over whether its liability policy provided coverage for the death of a product installer.
- Obtained summary judgment for a large real estate developer in a case over whether its insurance policy provided coverage for an $85 million malicious prosecution case.
- Successful representation of national building materials manufacturers in securing liability insurance coverage for bodily injury claims by employees and contractors alleging exposure to toxic substances.
- Successful representation of worldwide office technology manufacturer in securing liability insurance coverage for environmental property damage and asbestos bodily injury claims.
- Successful representation of international glass manufacturer in securing liability insurance coverage for employees’ asbestos-related disease and injury claims.
- Advised international building materials manufacturer on preserving liability insurance coverage following divestiture of business unit.