White Collar and Government Investigations
Montgomery McCracken’s White Collar and Government Investigations Practice is a highly experienced group of attorneys providing extensive experience in a wide range of proceedings, including criminal matters, internal investigations, fraud-related civil litigation, negotiations with government authorities, and compliance counseling.
The practice is led by former prosecutors with the United States Department of Justice and seasoned defense lawyers. Due to this strong background, our team responds efficiently and effectively to a myriad of circumstances where significant liberty and financial interests are at stake. In addition to representing corporate and individual clients, our attorneys offer a wide range of programs that educate clients on how to comply with applicable laws and avoid potential violations.
Our lawyers have experience in matters such as:
- Corporate internal investigations
- Enforcement of antitrust, environmental, healthcare, securities, and tax laws
- Mail and wire fraud investigations
- False Claims Act matters
- Public corruption matters
- Fraud-related civil litigation
- Development of internal compliance programs
Our attorneys also work energetically to protect each client’s all-important public image. As a result of this dedication, we can often help mitigate the collateral effects of an investigation, whatever the legal outcome.
Over the years we have successfully represented clients in a wide range cases. Due to the confidential nature of the white collar and government investigations practice, Montgomery McCracken is not in a position to advertise all of our recent client successes.
Individuals and Entities in Government Investigations
- Senior executive in high profile Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation by the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission;
- Medical device company in an investigation regarding alleged violations of the Food Drug & Cosmetic Act;
- Individuals and entities in investigations by the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice regarding bid-rigging in public finance, Superfund contracting, and municipal tax lien industries;
- Physicians and medical practices in Medicaid fraud investigations;
- Ambulance company in state fraud investigation regarding billing practices;
- Mortgage foreclosure service entities in a False Claims Act civil action alleging fraudulent claims submitted to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal Housing Authority;
- Pharmaceutical company in a False Claims Act investigation involving donations to patient assistance programs;
- Individuals and entities in criminal tax investigations and prosecutions;
- Public officials and private sector executives and entities in federal and state corruption and ethics investigations;
- Executives of publicly traded companies in insider trading investigations;
- Construction company in Clean Air Act investigation and prosecution;
- Non-profit entity in investigation by the Environmental and Natural Resources Division of the Department of Justice;
- Real estate broker in mortgage fraud investigation;
- Scientist in unlawful use of computer prosecution; and
- Corporate entities in investigations by the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.
The costs of criminal investigations or indictments force corporations or individuals to confront the most difficult consequences of all – protecting one’s freedom, financial health, and reputation. Our lawyers will be your most effective advocate – earning your trust and using the experience necessary to produce successful results for our clients. Some of our publishable representations include:
- After-action review of the City of Philadelphia’s preparation and response to recent protests, demonstrations, police use of force, and other activities in the wake of the killing of George Floyd;
- Allegations of sexual assault by prison guards on inmates at a women’s prison;
- Investigation of national sales practices at a pharmaceutical company;
- Investigation of multi-million dollar theft by corporate executives at drilling company; and
- Investigation of major hospital chain in connection with compound pharmacy issues.
- Major pharmaceutical and medical device companies
- National retail institutions
- Hospitals, nursing home facilities, and physician practices
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners
- State and local municipalities and agencies
- Construction companies
2022 in Review: Top 10 lateral hires of the year in Philadelphia’s legal industry
How a year changes things. In 2021, due to the Great Resignation and a surge of deals, lawyers felt a high level of job security as they were feted with […]
15 Montgomery McCracken Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2023
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that 15 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© in their respective practice areas. Since […]
Justices Could Tighten Fraud Statute In Ex-Cuomo Aide Case
The decades-long tennis match between federal prosecutors and the U.S. Supreme Court over the application of the honest services fraud statute finds the ball back in the Supreme Court’s hands […]
Quick Take: Vega v. Tekoh, No. 21-499 (U.S. June 23, 2022)
Bottom Line: SCOTUS held that the allegedly improper admission of an “un-Mirandized statement” in a criminal prosecution does not provide a valid basis for a claim under Section 1983 for […]