Brad D. Rabinowitz is Montgomery McCracken's New York Office Co-Managing Partner. He has over 30 years of experience in real estate law and concentrates his global practice on all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including representation of domestic and international clients in asset acquisitions and financing. Brad has advised various lending institutions including commercial and residential lenders, mortgage bankers and asset-based lenders in connection with permanent and construction loans, workouts, and loan restructuring.
Prior to joining Montgomery McCracken, Brad was a partner at an international law firm.
Brad received his J.D. degree from Boston University School of Law. He earned his B.A. degree, cum laude, in Criminal Justice from the University at Albany, where he was a four-year starter on the University of Albany’s NCAA lacrosse team.
Corporate and Securities
- Represented a Canadian-based international retail chain in connection with its acquisition of numerous properties in the United States and Canada including the negotiation of a multi-year lease for a prime location in New York City’s Upper East Side for their flagship store.
- Represented the purchaser, as part of a $240 million dollar acquisition, by performing due diligence on both leased and owned real property in connection with the acquisition of vineyards and a visitors’ center in Sonoma County, California.
- Tenant in the negotiation of a 90-year lease for the building of a senior citizen housing facility in Thailand.
- Extensive commercial leasing experience representing landlords and developers including the largest commercial landlord based on Long Island with approximately 22.7 million rentable square feet of space in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
- Representation of commercial and residential builders, in the acquisition, financing, leasing and/or conveyance of real property.
- Developer/owner in the acquisition and financing of a 90-unit senior citizen housing complex.
- Developer in the acquisition and financing of a series of strip malls on Long Island.
- Developer/owner in obtaining governmental approval for, and the acquisition and financing of, a 75-unit senior citizen housing cooperative complex.
- Commercial developer/owner in negotiating, structuring and drafting joint venture agreements and partnership agreements in the acquisition and financing of one of the largest development transactions on Long Island.
- Landlord in the first ever Starbucks lease in the Hamptons.
- A Hall of Fame basketball player on the sale of a building in Harlem.
- A National newscaster on the purchase of an apartment building.
- Several world-renowned chefs in the acquisition of leasehold space for their restaurants in Manhattan.
- Developer in the acquisition and financing of several multi-family apartment buildings.
- Owner/developer of two restaurants in Portland and Seattle in the acquisition and financing of the properties.
- Speaker, Alliance Trust Seminars for Continuing Legal Education, 2012-2013
- Co-Author, “UPDATED – New York Real Estate during the COVID-19 Pandemic,” May 2020
- Co-Author, “The CARES Act and Its Impact on Real Estate Investors,” April 2020
- Member, MENSA International
- Member, Team Israel 2023 World Lacrosse Championship Masters Team
- Member, Team Israel 2014 World Lacrosse Championship Masters Team
- Boston University School of Law
- University at Albany
Montgomery McCracken Adds Partner Timothy J. Pastore to New York Office
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce the addition of Timothy J. Pastore to its Litigation Department. Pastore will serve as vice-chair of the Litigation Department and a partner in the […]
UPDATED – New York Real Estate during the COVID-19 Pandemic
December 23, 2020 – UPDATE: This is an update on how the ongoing pandemic continues to affect New York landlords and tenants. In what represents yet another extension of the moratorium […]
The CARES Act and Its Impact on Real Estate Investors
The $2 trillion-dollar stimulus package, the “CARES Act”, signed into law by President Donald Trump on March 27, 2020 contains some valuable tax relief for real estate investors. On page […]
Montgomery McCracken Adds Real Estate Attorney Brad D. Rabinowitz to New York Office
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce the addition of Brad D. Rabinowitz to its Business Department. Rabinowitz will serve as of counsel in the firm’s New York office. He has […]