William W. Keffer
William W. Keffer is the co-chair of the Business Succession Planning Practice Group. He serves as outside general counsel to nonprofit and for-profit companies in connection with their general operations, structure, governance, compliance, mergers, acquisitions and succession planning. Bill represents a number of family owned and nonprofit businesses involved in the fields of education, camping and athletics. He has extensive experience handling all types of real estate matters, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financings and also all types of liquor licensing matters. Bill also represents corporate trustees and foundations in all aspects of their operations and he counsels individuals and families in connection with their estate planning and estate administration.
Bill received a J.D. degree from Widener University School of Law in 1994 where he served as a staff articles advisor of the law review, The Delaware Journal of Corporate Law. He graduated from Denison University with a B.A. degree in History and minor in Spanish in 1988.
Trusts and Estates
Business Succession Planning
- Presenter, “29th Annual This Year in Nonprofit Law,” November 20, 2019
- Presenter, “28th Annual This Year in Nonprofit Law,” November 13, 2018
- Moderator, “Growth Champions: Elevating the Middle Market,” The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, January 31, 2018
- Quoted in, “The New Rules of Booze: Customers, makers benefitting as landscape shifts,” July 11, 2019
- Authored, “Beer in PA Supermarkets? When Did the Law Change?“ The Legal Intelligencer, November 9, 2009
- Member of the Rose Valley Borough Zoning Hearing Board
- Trustee of Camp Tecumseh, a boy’s camp located in Center Harbor, N.H.
- Member of the board of directors of the Police Athletic League of Philadelphia
- Former member of the board of directors of the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
- Soccer coach in the Nether Providence Athletic Association
- Widener University School of Law
- Denison University
The New Rules of Booze: Customers, makers benefitting as landscape shifts
The Fine Wine & Good Spirits store on Lancaster Avenue in the heart of Wayne is not your old Fine Wine store. That’s what Charlie Mooney, executive director of the […]
Montgomery McCracken Partner William W. Keffer Appointed to Police Athletic League of Philadelphia Board of Directors
PHILADELPHIA–Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that William W. Keffer has been appointed to the board of directors of the Police Athletic League of Philadelphia, an independent nonprofit corporation committed […]
ABLE Act Benefiting Disabled Americans Passed by Congress
In its first major piece of legislation benefitting disabled individuals since the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act, on December 16, 2014 Congress passed the Achieving a Better Life Experience Act […]
DOMA Section Declared Unconstitutional – But What Are The Ramifications?
The Supreme Court struck down Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act on June 26, 2013. The Act (“DOMA”) defined “marriage” as solely between one man and one woman […]