- This event has passed.
2018 Higher Education Forum
October 26, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Montgomery McCracken’s Higher Education group is hosting its annual Higher Education Forum on Friday, October 26, 2018 from 8:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. This year’s keynote topic will be Suicide and Campus Mental Health.
- 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Program, Lunch and Ethics Hour
To view the full agenda, click here.
- Suicide and Mental Health on Campus and Beyond
- Suicide rising in US; depression key issue
- Preventing suicide: Teen deaths are on the rise, but we know how to fight back
- ‘Your world stops.’ Whitewater School District ramps up suicide prevention
- Vital Signs: The Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale
- When a Community Comes Together, There is Hope
- What the State Supreme Court Decision about a Suicide at MIT Means
- Hope for Today: Understanding and Preventing Tragedies
- His Body Was Behind the Wheel for a Week Before It Was Discovered. This Was His Life.
- Anthony Bourdain, Kate Spade, and the Preventable Tragedies of Suicide
- ‘Sometimes I wish I could die’: CMS suicide screenings have tripled in 5 years
- Curbing a county crisis
- Strides in Suicide Prevention
- Empowering Schools, Campuses & Communities to Prevent Suicide & Violence
- The Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale
- Video Links
- Mental Health Services on Campus
- Excerpts from National College Health Assessment
- Feeling Suicidal, Students Turned to Their College. They Were Told to Go Home
- When There Is a Mental Health Crisis in Your Dorm
- CPS is here for you – in three weeks
- Reach out to us, Columbia
- HIPPA 45 CFR 164.512, FERPA 34 CFR 99.30, Section 504 and The ADA
- Joint Guidance on FERPA and HIPAA
- Title IX – What’s up now?
CLE (3 Substantive Credits, 1 Ethics Credit) | PA & NJ
CPE | PA
For more information or to register for the event, please contact Emilie Klenk at email@example.com