Leah A. Tedford
Leah Tedford is an associate in Montgomery McCracken’s Litigation Department. Leah focuses her practice on commercial litigation, including consumer protection, data breach, contract, and corporate malfeasance cases, including in the class action context. Drawing on her expertise cultivated during two federal clerkships, Leah regularly drafts dispositive motions, motions to compel, and Daubert and other discovery motions. She has additional experience directing discovery and e-discovery efforts and responding to subpoenas.
Prior to joining Montgomery McCracken, Leah was an associate at a national law firm. Before entering private practice, she clerked for the Honorable G. Steven Agee of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Honorable Henry Coke Morgan, Jr. of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Leah earned her Juris Doctor from Regent University School of Law, where she served as the Executive Editor of the Regent University Law Review and was recognized as the 2015 Outstanding Graduate. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government from Geneva College.
Consumer Financial Services
Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
Learn more about our Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Practice
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Mentioned, “No Injury; No Standing. Pennsylvania Superior Court Tosses FACTA Suit For Lack of Standing Under Pennsylvania Law,” May 2023
- Author, “A California Court of Appeal Stands with Federal Courts: No Injury, No Standing Under FCRA“, November 2022
- Contributing author to Consumer Finance Law: Understanding Consumer Financial Services Regulations, (2021)
- Selected to the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Banking and Finance Law list in 2021 and 2022. This list is issued by Best Lawyers and a description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
No aspect of these advertisements has been approved by the highest court of any state.
- Member, New Young Lawyer Editorial Board, The Legal Intelligencer
- Federal Bar Association
- Federalist Society
- Regent University School of Law
- Geneva College
No Injury; No Standing. Pennsylvania Superior Court Tosses FACTA Suit For Lack of Standing Under Pennsylvania Law
PHILADELPHIA, PA – In an important case on Pennsylvania’s standing doctrine, the Superior Court handed down its opinion on May 16, 2023, in Gennock v. Kirkland’s, Inc., No. 462 WDA […]
A California Court of Appeal Stands with Federal Courts: No Injury, No Standing Under FCRA
The California Court of Appeal, Fifth District, recently held in Limon v. Circle K Stores Inc., 84 Cal.App.5th 671, 2022 WL 14391789 (Oct. 25, 2022), that California plaintiffs bringing Fair […]
Associate Leah Tedford Joins Montgomery McCracken in Philadelphia Office
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce the addition of Leah Tedford to the firm’s Philadelphia office. To read the full article, click here.
Montgomery McCracken Adds Associate Leah Tedford in Philadelphia Office
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce the addition of Leah Tedford to the firm’s Philadelphia office. Leah has joined the Litigation Department as an associate. Tedford focuses her practice on commercial litigation, including consumer […]