The Real Estate Practice at Montgomery McCracken has been an integral part of the firm’s activities for over 85 years. Our attorneys bring to our clients a wealth of experience and depth in all aspects of the real estate industry.
We counsel our clients regarding:
- large scale commercial and industrial site acquisitions and dispositions
- leasing for owners and users of shopping centers, office buildings and other commercial and industrial property
- partnerships and other forms of real estate joint ventures
- structure and documentation of mortgage and other forms of debt financing, equity financing, and municipal and tax-exempt financing
- condominiums and planned unit developments
- development matters including zoning and brown-fields remediations
- financing for merger and acquisition transactions involving real estate
At Montgomery McCracken we routinely call on other areas of the firm including our colleagues in environmental, business, bankruptcy, labor and tax law. Through this collaboration we are able to advise developers, lenders and investors regarding the complicated and wide-ranging concerns that may affect their acquisition, development, lending or compliance efforts for a particular project. Additionally, we handle workouts, reorganizations and other creditors’ rights and bankruptcy issues involving real estate.
Representative clients include:
- a major private university, and other colleges and universities
- a global manufacturing company
- regional real estate developers
- national banks and other major lending institutions
- a major Philadelphia hospital
In recent years we have achieved significant victories for our real estate. A sampling of recent representative engagements include:
- representation of a Philadelphia-based regional real estate developer in its acquisition and financing of approximately 200 acres of land for the development of a corporate center of 17 office buildings;
- representation of the owner of a major Philadelphia urban retail mall in connection with all aspects of leasing including recent negotiations of major tenant leases;
- effectuating a plan of dispositions and consolidations of real estate throughout the country for a large manufacturing company headquartered in Philadelphia, including creation of form documentation to reduce costs and enhance efficiency;
- industrial revenue bond financing in connection with: the acquisition and construction of a manufacturing and distribution facility; and refurbishment of university housing and related facilities.
Our attorneys understand the complex nature of today’s real estate transactions. The practice’s main objective is to be current at all times with the many changes in the law and to be available at all times to give our clients the prompt and thorough service that is a hallmark at Montgomery McCracken.