Montgomery McCracken’s Construction Practice has extensive experience in all aspects of construction law and serves clients throughout the Delaware Valley and across the United States.
We have extensive experience handling a vast array of complex construction disputes on behalf of builders, owners, and design professionals. From mediation to arbitration to trials and appeals in state and federal courts, our litigators have handled delay and disruption claims, bond claims, mechanic’s lien litigation, product failure and liability suits, and construction defect claims. In the public arena, we have handled bid protests and claims litigation for parties doing business with numerous state and local entities around the country, as well as the federal government. On the labor side, our lawyers have worked with clients through picketing, strikes, separate gates, immigration, and a host of employment issues.
- Obtaining a significant award in favor of a general contractor client for unpaid materials and services, attorneys’ fees, and interest due from the owner of a luxury home following a six-day hearing before the American Arbitration Association.
- Representing the contractor in the development, documentation, and prosecution of a multi-million-dollar delay, disruption, and acceleration claim for a 400+ unit residential condominium project.
- Representing the contractor in defense of a suit for breach of contract arising out of the contractor’s discovery of a differing site condition relating to underground hazardous substances.
- Representing the owner/developer of a residential housing complex in defense of a class action alleging construction defects in several models of homes.
- Representing owners, title companies, and contractors in construction lien litigation in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Representing non-profit owner in construction contract administration and disputes involved in $20 million commercial office building project.
- Prosecuting bid protests on behalf of foreign manufacturer/supplier of mobile harbor cranes.
- Advising non-profit healthcare system on creation and implementation of design and construction management and construction contracts for multi-hospital facility.
- Advising a major health system in the scoping/pre-construction phase of its $1 billion expansion and then on the consultant contracts and the main construction contract.
- Representing a construction company in a significant construction defect case involving components used in a newly-constructed hospital.
- Representing a major pharmaceutical company in a construction defect case involving pre-cast exterior walls.
- Handling the contract and technical review for a university regarding energy upgrade construction.
- Representing a commercial construction company in connection with payment claims for cost overruns arising from design changes and differing site conditions encountered during construction.
- Representing contractors in numerous multi-party cases involving homeowner claims for allegedly defective stucco and window installation.