Louis R. Moffa, Jr.
Louis R. Moffa Jr. serves as the firm's general counsel. Lou is an accomplished trial and appellate litigator who has handled matters in state and federal courts across the country. His litigation practice includes commercial and construction contracts, civil rights and constitutional torts, business torts, shareholder disputes, employment discrimination and wrongful termination. Lou also has extensive experience handling mediations and arbitrators, both as advocate and neutral, in complex commercial cases. In addition, he has extensive experience in the area of state and local public bidding and contracting.
Prior to joining Montgomery McCracken, Moffa was a partner in the Litigation Department of Ballard Spahr Andrews and Ingersoll, LLP. Before joining Ballard Spahr, he was a partner with Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP, where he managed the firm's Cherry Hill office for 10 years.
After law school, Lou served for a year as a law clerk to Hon. Howard F. Corcoran, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Lou received a J.D., magna cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center in 1982 where he was an editor of Law and Policy in International Business, the Georgetown International Law Journal. He graduated from Georgetown University with a B.S.B.A., magna cum laude, in 1979.
Labor and Employment
Government Liability and Civil Rights Defense
Learn more about our Government Liability and Civil Rights Defense Practice
- Quoted in, “Employment Lawyers Clash While Lawmakers Weigh Limits on Noncompete Agreements,” New Jersey Law Journal, June 2021
- Quoted in, “Rutgers Law Students Represent Prison Inmates in Civil Rights Cases,” Rutgers Law School News, September 29, 2017
- Quoted in, “Verizon strike becomes increasingly bitter,” Delawareonline.com, May 11, 2016
- Quoted in, “ICE’s Work-Site Enforcement Continues Despite New Priorities, Practitioners Say,” Bloomberg BNA, June 4, 2015
- Quoted in, “Noncompete Suits Rising as Job Market Rebounds,” New Jersey Law Journal, May 11, 2015
- Quoted in, “Executive Action Likely to Impact Employers Of Less-Skilled Workers, Practitioners Say,” BNA Workplace Immigration Report, December 4, 2014
- Hon. Peter J. Devine, Jr. Award, Camden County Bar Association, January 2023
- Selected to the 2022-2023 list of The Best Lawyers in America© – Commercial Litigation. A description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- President (2016)
- Camden County Bar Foundation
- Board of Trustees
- President (2018)
- Adjunct professor of Law at Rutgers School of Law-Camden where he has taught courses in Civil Rights, Appellate Advocacy and Litigation and a seminar on Corporations and Constitutional Personhood
- Adjunct professor at the University of Delaware in the Lerner School of Business and Economics where he teaches upper level undergraduate courses in Business Law and Labor Relations
- Camden County College Foundation, Chairman of the Board
- American Red Cross, Southern New Jersey Chapter, Member of the Board and Executive Committee
- Georgetown University Law Center
- Georgetown University
Montgomery McCracken Partner Louis R. Moffa Receives Camden County Bar Association Hon. Peter J. Devine, Jr. Award
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that partner Louis R. Moffa, Jr. has been awarded the Honorable Peter J. Devine, Jr. Award by the Camden County Bar Association. The award […]
15 Montgomery McCracken Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2023
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that 15 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© in their respective practice areas. Since […]
15 Montgomery McCracken Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that 15 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© in their respective practice areas. […]
Employment Lawyers Clash While Lawmakers Weigh Limits on Noncompete Agreements
While New Jersey lawmakers debate measures to limit the reach of employment noncompete agreements, litigation between employers and former employees accused of violating such pacts continues to surge. In New […]