Louis R. Moffa Jr. serves as the firm’s general counsel. Lou is an accomplished trial and appellate litigator who has handled matters in state and federal courts across the country. His litigation practice includes commercial and construction contracts, civil rights and constitutional torts, business torts, shareholder disputes, employment discrimination and wrongful termination, and immigration. In addition, he has extensive experience in the area of state and local public bidding and contracting.
Prior to joining Montgomery McCracken, Moffa was a partner in the Litigation Department of Ballard Spahr Andrews and Ingersoll, LLP. Before joining Ballard Spahr, he was a partner with Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP, where he managed the firm’s Cherry Hill office for 10 years.
After law school, Lou served for a year as a law clerk to Hon. Howard F. Corcoran, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Quoted “Verizon strike becomes increasingly bitter,” Delawareonline.com, May 11, 2016
- Quoted “ICE’s Work-Site Enforcement Continues Despite New Priorities, Practitioners Say,” Bloomberg BNA, June 4, 2015
- Quoted “Noncompete Suits Rising as Job Market Rebounds,” New Jersey Law Journal, May 11, 2015
- Quoted “Executive Action Likely to Impact Employers Of Less-Skilled Workers, Practitioners Say,” BNA Workplace Immigration Report, December 4, 2014
- Adjunct professor of Law at Rutgers School of Law-Camden where he has taught courses in Civil Rights, Appellate Advocacy and Litigation and a seminar on Corporations and Constitutional Personhood
- Adjunct professor at the University of Delaware in the Lerner School of Business and Economics where he teaches upper level undergraduate courses in Business Law and Labor Relations
- Camden County College Foundation, trustee and vice chairman of the board
- American Red Cross, Camden County Chapter, board of directors
Professional Activities & Achievements
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Foundation
Lou received a J.D., magna cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center in 1982 where he was an editor of Law and Policy in International Business, the Georgetown International Law Journal. He graduated from Georgetown University with a B.S.B.A., magna cum laude, in 1979.