Dylan F. Henry is a partner in Montgomery McCracken’s Litigation Department and co-chair of the Firm's Catastrophic Sports Injury and Defense Practice Group. He focuses his practice on business litigation, and he has represented clients in a variety of commercial disputes across a wide range of issues including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and fraudulent transfers, piercing the corporate veil and successor liability, partnership dissolution, professional malpractice, negligence and products liability, insurance defense, and employment practices. He also advises clients in their efforts to comply with their legal obligations and to avoid the pitfalls of litigation altogether.
Dylan also counsels individuals, school systems, and organizations on catastrophic sports injury matters, the proper management of sport-related concussions and other sport-related injuries, and traumatic brain injury (TBI) matters. He frequently presents and has authored articles on these legal issues and how these individuals and institutions can minimize their risk of legal liability for sport-related injuries, and defend against lawsuits arising out of sport-related events.
Dylan is also a member of the firm’s Institutional Response Practice Group, which conducts Title IX investigations and advises institutions in responding to sex- and gender-based harassment and misconduct, and adjudicating student, employee, and management disputes.
Dylan earned his J.D. degree, magna cum laude, from Villanova University School of Law where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and served as an associate editor of The Jeffrey S. Moorad Sports Law Journal. He received a B.S. degree and two academic minors in Business and Spanish, with distinction, from the Pennsylvania State University.
Labor and Employment
Sexual Misconduct Liability
Product Liability, Toxic Torts and Catastrophic Events
Catastrophic Sports Injury and Defense
Sports and Entertainment
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Speaker, “College Athletic Trainers Society Spring Symposium for Athletic Trainers & Team Physicians,” College Athletic Trainers Society Spring Symposium, July 2021
- Presenter, “Traumatic Brain Injury: Litigation & Minimizing Risk,” The National Catholic Risk Retention Group’s Winter Meeting 2020, January 27, 2020, Tampa, Fla.
- Presenter, “Sports Injury Defense – Litigation Trends and Updates,” Montgomery McCracken Higher Education Forum, October 25, 2019, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Presenter, “Medical-legal Considerations,” American Academy of Neurology 2019 Sports Concussion Conference, July 27, 2019, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Presenter, “Concussions, CTE, and the Law: Minimizing Legal Risk to the Athletic Trainer,” The National Athletic Trainers’ Association’s Intercollegiate Council for Sports Medicine Conference, June 24, 2019, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Presenter, “Unresolved Science and Law of Concussion and CTE,” The University of Michigan Injury Prevention Center’s Sport Concussion Summit, May 31, 2019, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Presenter, “Concussions and the Law: Minimizing Risk,” Drexel Athletics Concussion Update, Drexel University, January 24, 2019, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Presenter, “Concussion Workshop: Medical-Legal Considerations,” Eastern Athletic Trainers’ Association Annual Convention, 2019 Sports Related Concussion Summit, January 11, 2019, Valley Forge, Pa.
- Presenter, “Concussions, CTE and the Law: Scenarios,” The National Catholic Risk Retention Group’s Risk Management and Legal Defense Workshop, November 8, 2018, Chicago, Ill.
- Presenter, “Hot Legal Topics for Athletic Trainers – Sports Medicine and the Law (CSCA),” College Athletic Trainer Society Spring Symposium for Athletic Trainers & Team Physicians, July 16, 2021
- Co-Author, “CTE Heads To The MLS – First MLS Player Diagnosed with CTE,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Summer 2022
- Co-Author, “Diagnosing CTE in the Living—Researchers and the Medical Community Inch Closer to the Goal Line,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Spring 2022
- Co-Author, “Is Youth Football Safe? Recent Study Suggests it Might Not Be as Dangerous as we Once Thought,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Spring 2022
- Quoted in, “Montgomery McCracken Elects 3 New Partners In Pa., NJ,” Law360, March 2022
- Mentioned in, “Montgomery McCracken Elects Three New Partners,” March 2022
- Co-author, “Concussion “Diagnostic” Tools – Technologies Generate Buzz, But Experts Urge Caution,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Fall/Winter 2021
- Co-Author, “No ATs? Huge Problem: Shocking Number of Public High Schools Don’t Have Medical Providers to Protect Student Athletes,” October 2021
- Co-Author, “The Proof is in the Poliquin: The Yin and Yang (R-ALA) of Brandon Copeland’s Battle Against Supplement Maker’s Fraudulent Practices,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Summer 2021
- Co-Author, “All Pain, No Gain? Pryce v. Town Sports Int’l, LLC,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Summer 2021
- Co-Author, “Important New Research Shows Practice – Not Game Play – Increases Exposure to Concussion,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Spring 2021
- Co-Author, “Engendering Debate: The Varying State of Transgender Athlete Participation Policies,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Spring 2021
- Co-Author, “Onyshko Appeal Knocked Out by Pennsylvania Superior Court,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Spring 2021
- Co-author, “Do You Even Properly Diagnose, Breaux?! Breaux Sues Saints’ Former Team Doctors in Medical Malpractice Lawsuit,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Fall 2020
- Co-Author, “Pro Wrestlers Fail to Take Down WWE In Brain Injury Tag Team,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Summer 2020
- Co-Author, “Arrington Settlement Update: Concussion Reporting Process,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Summer 2020
- Co-Author, “New Bellwether Cases Against NCAA Move Forward in Texas,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Summer 2020
- Co-Author, “Saved By The Bell—Penn State Dodges Further Litigation in Whistleblower Case,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Summer 2020
- Co-Author, “Experts Go Ten Rounds: How Competing Expert Opinions Can Push A Case to Trial, A Case Study of Thomas v Farrago,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Spring 2020
- Co-Author, “The Arrington Settlement and Its Implications: What It Says and What It Doesn’t,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Spring 2020
- Co-Author, “Mind the (Casual) Gap: Plaintiffs’ Experts Fail To Tie Death To CTE, CTE To Football,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Winter 2020
- Co-Author, “The Cover-Up Is Always Worse Than The Concussion: Central Michigan’s Head Gymnastics Coach Fired for Inducing Athletes to Hide Injuries,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Fall 2019
- Co-Author, “Exercise As Punishment? Drop and Give Me 20… Hundred Thousand Dollars,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Fall 2019
- Co-Author, “Insurance Is Not Killing Football, Other Contact Sports – It’s Making Them Safer,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Fall 2019
- Co-Author, “Potential Expansion of Athletic Programs’ Duty of Care to Student-Athletes and New Limitations to Waivers of Liability: Lessons Learned from Feleccia v. Lackawanna College,” Sports Litigation Alert, October 25, 2019
- Quoted in, “Standard of Care Laws May Not Dissuade Sport Concussion,” Neurology Today, September 19, 2019
- Co-Author, “Takeaways from the Onyshko Verdict: Win for NCAA, Loss for Plaintiffs, Draw for Others in Future Head Injury Cases,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Summer 2019
- Quoted, “NCAA Picks Up Key Win in Onyshko Concussion Case; Experts Weigh In,” Sports Litigation Alert, June 7, 2019
- Co-Author, “Pushing Players Too Far to ‘Do Something’ Will Not ‘Win the Day’ in Court – Takeaways from two UO Suits,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Spring 2019
- Co-Author, “Wani v. George Fox University – Handling Student-Athlete Complaints on the Field and In the Locker Room,” Sports Medicine and the Law, Winter 2019
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020-2022
No aspect of these advertisements has been approved by the highest court of any state.
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law
- Pennsylvania State University
Nine Montgomery McCracken Attorneys Selected to the 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Lists
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that nine of the firm’s attorneys have been selected to the 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers Rising Stars lists. The following attorneys […]
Montgomery McCracken Elects 3 New Partners In Pa., NJ
Three litigation attorneys in Montgomery McCracken Walker & Rhoads LLP’s Philadelphia and New Jersey offices have been elected to partner at the firm. Jacob A. Sand, Alexandra S. Jacobs and Dylan F. […]
Montgomery McCracken Elects Three New Partners
PHILADELPHIA, PA – Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that Dylan F. Henry, Alexandra S. Jacobs, and Jacob A. Sand have been elected to the firm’s partnership. Henry and Sand, […]
No ATs? Huge Problem: Shocking Number of Public High Schools Don’t Have Medical Providers to Protect Student Athletes
Highlighting the risks faced by high school athletes across the country, a 2020 Spotlight on America report by the Korey Stinger Institute, University of Connecticut, and the National Athletic Trainers’ […]