Richard M. Simins, a former Chairman of Montgomery McCracken, is an accomplished commercial trial attorney and government and internal investigations counsellor. He has more than three decades of experience in helping sophisticated clients solve their most complicated problems. Across the breadth of his career Rick has represented steel companies, banks, real estate developers, logistics firms, brand name consumer products companies, data analytics firms, pharmaceutical companies, and major health insurers, to name a few. Rick also leverages his own experience as a law firm Chairman to help C-Suite executives coordinate their business objectives with the relevant legal and regulatory landscape in a positive and proactive manner.
As an experienced litigator Rick has of course tried to verdict numerous cases before judges, juries, and other tribunals across the country. Yet often the sweetest victories happen outside of a courtroom. For some clients, trial can be an ordeal, and the expense and distraction of drawn-out litigation can take its toll. Rick allies with his clients to make sure that short-term tactics always align with long-term strategic goals. Sometimes an efficient – and fair – settlement is the best option. Whatever the course taken, Rick always remains finely attuned to his client’s best interests.
Rick started his career at Montgomery McCracken, then spent sixteen years at a national law firm before returning to Montgomery McCracken in 2017. Before going into private practice, he served as law clerk to Judge Marvin Katz of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in 1988-1989. Prior to law school, Rick spent seven years as a professional writer in New York City.
Rick received a J.D. degree from Columbia Law School in 1988, where he was senior editor of the Columbia Law Review. He earned a A.B. degree from Princeton University in 1978.
White Collar and Government Investigations
Trade Secret and Noncompete Litigation
- Quoted, “Montgomery McCracken Nabs Litigator For Liability Group,” Law360, November 2020
- Quoted, “Montgomery McCracken Welcomes Back Seasoned Partner,” Law360, June 2020
- Quoted, “New Montgomery McCracken Chair Aims to Build Next Generation With Non-Big Law Identity,” The Legal Intelligencer, March 2020
- Quoted, “Montgomery McCracken Snags 4 Buchanan Attys For IP Unit,” Law360, August 2018
- Quoted, “Montgomery McCracken Launches IP Department With Buchanan Attorneys,” Legal Intelligencer, August 2018
- Earned an AV® Preeminent certification from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings. The rating is issued by Martindale-Hubbell and a description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Corporate Counsel Super Lawyers lists. These awards are issued by Thomson Reuters and a description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
No aspect of these advertisements has been approved by the highest court of any state.
- Columbia University School of Law
- Princeton University
Montgomery McCracken Adds Partner Keir Bradford-Grey
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that Keir Bradford-Grey joined the firm in its Philadelphia office on May 3, 2021. Bradford-Grey will serve as a partner in the firm’s Litigation […]
3 Named Partner At Montgomery McCracken Philly Office
Montgomery McCracken Walker & Rhoads LLP has appointed two associates and one of counsel attorney partners at its Philadelphia office, the firm has announced. Erin K. Clarke, Ernest D. Holtzheimer […]
Montgomery McCracken Elects Three New Partners
Montgomery McCracken is pleased to announce that Erin K. Clarke, Ernest D. Holtzheimer, and Richard L. Moss have been elected to the firm’s partnership. Clarke and Holtzheimer, located in the […]
Montgomery McCracken Adds New Litigation Vice Chair In NY
A former military prosecutor and special assistant U.S. attorney with a specialty in cybersecurity matters joined Montgomery McCracken Walker & Rhoads LLP as a partner and vice chair of the litigation practice, […]